Abraham lincoln quotes
Abraham lincoln quotes:
You can use our quotes for sharing your friends on motivational please quotes completely life change quotes you can share to your friends using WhatsApp Facebook and Twitter also these quotes can motivate your friends to change their lifestyle.
- New Happy Birthday Wishing Quotes, Images
Below are some best Abraham Lincoln quotes
- We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.
- A friend is one who has the same enemies as you have.
- A house divided against itself cannot stand.
- A woman is the only thing I am afraid of that I know will not hurt me.
- All I am, or can be, I owe to my angel mother.
- Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.
- As our case is new, we must think and act anew.
- Character is like a tree and reputation like a shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.
- Common looking people are the best in the world: that is the reason the Lord makes so many of them.
- I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live by the light that I have. I must stand with anybody that stands right, and stand with him while he is right, and part with him when he goes wrong.
- I have always found that mercy bears richer fruits than strict justice.
- Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God’s side, for God is always right.
- With educated people, I suppose, punctuation is a matter of rule; with me, it is a matter of feeling. But I must say I have great respect for the semi-colon; it’s a useful little chap.
- In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.
- It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one’s mouth and remove all doubt.
- Things may come to those who wait but only the things left by those who hustle.
- Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other one thing.
- I remember my mother’s prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life.
- No organic law can ever be framed with a provision specifically applicable to every question which may occur in practical administration. No foresight can anticipate nor any document of reasonable length contain express provisions for all possible questions.
- Republicans are for both the man and the dollar but in case of conflict the man before the dollar.
- Stand with anybody that stands right, stand with him while he is right and part with him when he goes wrong.
- Such will be a great lesson of peace: teaching men that what they cannot take by an election, neither can they take it by war.
- Surely God would not have created such a being as man, with an ability to grasp the infinite, to exist only for a day! No, no, the man was made for immortality.
- That some achieve great success, is proof to all that others can achieve it as well.
- The best way to destroy an enemy is to make him a friend.
- The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly.
- The central idea of secession is the essence of anarchy.
- Avoid popularity if you would have peace.
- Ballots are the rightful and peaceful successors to bullets.
- Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm.
- Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
- Books serve to show a man that those original thoughts of his aren’t very new at all.
- By the fruit, the tree is to be known. An evil tree cannot bring forth good fruit.
- Capital has its rights, which are as worthy of protection as any other right.
- Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing. You know I dislike slavery, and you fully admit the abstract wrong of it.
- In great contests, each party claims to act in accordance with the will of God.
- Both may be, and one must be, wrong. God cannot be for and against the same thing at the same time.